Dentists and Cranial Chiropractors join forces to speed healing of dental work. – Why?
Does your dentist work with a cranial chiropractor? Here are some of the reasons why it would be extremely beneficial for you to have two professionals assisting your dental healing! Wait a minute! I thought teeth were just teeth. Are they connected to the rest of your brain and body? YES! Teeth are in close proximity to the brains’ bone structure and its soft tissue. Any force, chemical, electrical, or imbalance in the pressure on the teeth or absence of support for the teeth or any other type of disturbance in your teeth is directly transmitted to the brain.
- Chemicals that are used to prepare the teeth for replacing fillings, crowns, or bridges if they are not compatible with the brain and body can affect their functions.
- The chemicals in the cement used to hold filings or crowns on teeth can affect the brain and body if they are not compatible.
- When dissimilar metals are placed in your mouth, an electrical circuit between the teeth can be setup and disrupt the brains electrical functions.
- The anesthesia that is used, if it is not compatible with your system, can create an allergic reaction.
- Your bite, that is how your teeth meet, can have a huge effect of displacing the cranial bones and putting added stress and pressure on the brain and body.
- Your bite also has a significance neurological reflex to your pelvis. When the pelvis is out of place, there is disturbance in the nerves in the pelvis that reflexes to your jaw and skull causing further dysfunction in the brain and nerve system.
- Saliva plus two dissimilar metals creates a battery effect. This interfers with the largest nerve(trigeminal nerve) in your head and the brain. This nerve affects both the upper and lower teeth of your jaw and the area above your eyes.This nerve has the greatest impact on your jaw.
- The dentist numbs the trigeminal nerve when he drills a tooth so you don’t feel pain. When one side of the mouth is numb and the other side is not numb, the muscle of the side not numb still are pulling on the structures of your skull.The problem is that the other side which is numb does not respond to keep your skull bone is balance right to left and left to right because the trigeminal nerve has been anesthetized which blocks nerve communication with your brain. This allows the non numb side to pull some of the cranial bones out of place and cause other changes in the skull which cause other nerves in the brain to mal-function. This process with anesthesia can’t be avoided when anesthesia is used.
Have Happy Compatible Dental Materials in Your Mouth.
How would you determine if the dental materials were incompatible or bad for your nerve system? Dental materials can be reactive with the body. Everyone is different.
We can make your dentist’s job easier by computer testing what materials are compatible in your mouth and your body. Let’s use modern computer technology combined with acupuncture wisdom and find how certain dental materials love your body and others hate your body. Obviously, we want materials in your mouth that your body just loves. Those are the only materials you want in your mouth. Let the rest of the marginal or incompatible materials fall by the way side. Your dentist will be happy to use compatible materials found from the list of materials he/she uses.After Dental Work, the Shift in the Bones of Your Mouth Changes Your Brain and Whole Body!
When you change a filling, remove it and place a different material in your mouth, or replace normal fillings with a crown you upset the muscle balance, posture tracking and the weight distribution in your jaw tracking system. You change the pressure that your muscles and jaw use to compensate for the weight of that former filling. So let’s make an analogy: suppose that the weight of one filling was one pound or 6 ounces in weight. That filling is on the right side of your face. Your dentist removes this filling and places a filling that is lighter, stronger and only weights one ounce. That is 94% lighter than your former filling. These weights are not the real weights, but are used for demonstration purposes only. There is a difference in the weight of the filling placed in your tooth versus the weight of a former filling or the tooth itself. The body has to compensate for these differences in weight so you don’t bite harder than normal and chip a tooth or bite your cheek or grind your teeth at night. This activity sometimes does lead to headaches, toothaches, TMJ problems or other phantom symptoms that you would not normally associate with a jaw disturbance. So how would this imbalance be corrected? Your dentist does his part making sure that your bite is corrected by using that blue paper that you bite down on. This tells him where the filling may be high. He grinds that high point so your bite feels more comfortable. This is the general way a dentist equilibrates your bite. Is the bite and the position of the teeth the only thing that gets changed after dental work? No! When we look a little deeper you find there are many systems of the body that have to change to compensate for the dental work just completed. What about all the changes in the muscles, blood flow, nerves, posture changes, jaw changes? Did that get taken care of? Who will take care of the rest of the changes? A Cranial Chiropractor would be one of the best choices to work in conjunction with your dentist to complete the job. Each tooth in your mouth is connected an acupuncture meridian. When you change a tooth with a filling, you change the energy in the meridian that tooth is linked to. This upsets the normal flow of energy to the rest of the body. This can lead to other problems that don’t look like they are related to the teeth. So we must balance the whole body and then reprogram the brain so it is now familiar with the new information coming into it from the nerve system, the muscles, the pressure receptors, changes in blood flow and the shifts in posture that have to be compensated for. With that done you now have a much better chance of healing more completely and not having other problems arise later on.
Are Stressful Effects From Changes In Your Facial Bone and Teeth Causing Other Health Related Effects In Your Body?
- Do I have any new pain or soreness that has occurred since the dental work?
- Do I have any new restricted motion in my shoulders, arms, chest or neck or lower body?
- Do I have short sharp pains that only last a few seconds and then go away?
- Do my teeth not hit properly when I bite down?
- Do I favor chewing on one side of the mouth versus the other side?
- Do I have new sinus congestion or breathing difficulties?
- Do I have any changes in my eyes, ears, nose or throat recently?
- Do I have a crooked smile?
- Do I have one shoulder higher than the other?
- Do I have headaches or disorientation?
- Do I have dizziness, ringing in the ear or motion sickness, since my dental work?
- Do I have a metallic like taste in my mouth?
These are just a few of many reported symptoms, since having your mouth open for long periods of time in the dental chair. Understand that modern dentistry does aspire to provide you with the best possible means to remedy our dental conditions. Part of the dental process that happens is unavoidable when your mouth is wide open for an hour or two hours and several people are in your mouth. Yes, there are OTHER IMPORTANT CHANGES THAT DO TAKE PLACE in the rest of your body that need attention.
Let’s Finish The Job – Tell Your Brain What Happened to Bones of Your Mouth!
Our purpose is to reset the nerve messages and realign the cranial bones and jaw to create a smooth harmonious use of the jaw and skull together. Have your cranial nerves been affected by your mouth being open for extended periods of time? Yes! Understand there is not an alternative to the dentists using his techniques to get the proper materials in your mouth and in the least traumatic way. However, the anesthesia causes one side of the face and muscles to be numb while the other side is functioning normally. These two conditions create a very large imbalance in the muscle system and causes changes in the cranial bones, which these muscles are attached to. Hence, we have a mechanism that causes shifts in the cranium both externally and internally. The good news is – this can be corrected by a CRANIAL CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS. In addition to the realignment of the cranial bones, you have another issue with the protective coating inside the brain called the dura mater. This is a protective sheath around all muscles and organs of the body – fascia, and functions to massage your brain 6-10 times a minute. The tension in this aspect of system has to be reset to provide the proper balance and tracking of the movements of the jaw, skull and the changes in the weight of both sides of the jaw. The tension in your muscles compensate for head posture and body movements. The jaw has a great impact on the pelvis of the body. The jaw structure is actually shaped like the pelvic structure of the lower body. Many times low back pain is a result of the pelvis of the skull (jaw) and the pelvis of the body not having the same harmonious connections with the nerves to and from the body to your brain.
Are you fragmented into little unrelated parts or are you a whole person – body, mind, emotions and spirit? Health care today is finally waking up and moving toward wholeness. This is the only way everyone will survive as a species – Wholeness, Wellness, Health and Longevity!